Fulfilling its role in the ministry of St. Martha’s Parish, the mission of Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament School is to facilitate strong academic development, and to nurture a lifelong commitment to Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church in a way that promotes the spiritual and educational growth of each student, so that all students become responsible, productive, and faith-filled citizens.
It is the consensus of the faculty that every human being has a right to pursue knowledge corresponding with his/her dignity and God-given ability, regardless of background or sex. In the early years, education is often of the utmost importance because through education and guidance the children of today become the Catholic citizens of tomorrow.
We are a Catholic school that embraces the following beliefs:
- Our first priority of student learning is the teachings of Jesus, through the richness of Scripture and the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church. The passing on of our Catholic faith is essential to our existence.
- Students must have opportunities for spiritual growth and development in accordance with our Catholic faith.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- All students should be given the opportunity to learn and to develop their potential.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- A variety of assessment strategies should be used to provide students with real opportunities to achieve success.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the educational process.
- A safe, nurturing environment enhances student’s self-esteem and promotes learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.