Each year our club is run as a direct democracy format, where more students will decide on events and policies. Student Council will be based on a representative body where Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 3 will have one representative and Grades 4 through 8 will have two representatives. Elections are held in November each year.
Role of the Student Council:
- Each class representative brings forward any opinions, concerns, and ideas from their classmates to the Administration.
- Act as a liaison between the students and the Administration.
- To encourage the students to become more aware of how the school is run and to constructively identify and express their needs.
- To contribute to the school by being involved in school policy development.
- To provide students with opportunities of leadership and a sense of responsibility.
- To ensure that all their classmates are properly represented and completely informed of policy development.
Notices of meeting dates will be provided to the representatives via the Wednesday envelopes.